View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I chose NA because I already own a Kindle. I thought that they did a pretty decent job on that head to head as far as giving you the feel of using both devices. I think it could've been a bit more thorough on features.

On the Sony side, I don't recall them pointing out one of the biggest advantages: The Price! Yes, you're not getting all the features of the Kindle but you're paying at least $100 less. They did, however, show how much more sleek the design was and they did point out that the new version has the same screen as the Kindle. I'm not a Sony expert, but don't they also have some new software features in the 505 for stuff like content management?

On the Kindle side, they didn't show the searching and dictionary lookup but did quite a good job on showcasing the store. For me, it was the searching and lookup that sold me on the Kindle. I'm enjoying the Whispernet more than I thought I would, though. It really is amazingly convenient, especially when traveling domestically.

So while I love my Kindle and wouldn't change it for a Sony, I do feel the Sony got a bit shorted in this review.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote