View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Memorization features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Sterling View Post
True, but as far as I know that only works for books bought on Amazon. I use Instapaper daily, Project Gutenberg and then there is also material provided by my professors. While they usually publish pdf material I convert some of it to mobi format. I just wanted a clean and simple way to organize all my clippings for later reading. It's meant to refresh my memory, not sharing or copying to other documents.
When you finish a book and use Amazon, they prepare memorization flash cards for everyone to place their notes and highlights in memory.

In addition, all books in Project Gutenberg are available free from Amazon. Every book published prior to 1924 is free.

Finally, you can send private publications from professors as an email to your Amazon account and they will convert it to Amazon format and send it back to your Kindle account free. PDF's do not work good however. Word documents are converted just fine.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote