View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #36
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't think the resolution of the screen is the only factor. The size is also a factor. If we have flexible screens in the future, so they can be folded and carried in a smaller space, fixed page sizes might work. But even with very high resolution displays, smaller screens displaying a full letter or A4 page won't work for everyone, and panning is not always a solution, especially for multicolumn formats. I don't think one solution will work for every non-fiction document.

And I agree with kovidgoyal, page images lose much of the value of digital reading.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote