View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
Weird PB IQ 701 behavior

Hi,

I am a total noob at the PB IQ 701 and I had a weird experience today: first, I set the screen auto-switch off option at 1min (to save energy when I was not reading). I also noticed that a short key press on the "on/off? button at the top of the PB make the display black. Now I wonder. do either of the two engage a real hibernate mode?

I am asking this because today I had my (brand new) battery full at 75%. I gave it a short keypress on the top on/off switch and thought that it would go into a real hibernation. I had a 60mins drive from the convention center where I was to home, but by time I was home the battery was a 0% - totally empty, drained, So I guess even though the screen was black, the unit was very much up and running, right?

So is there *REAL* hibernate mode for the PB IQ 701? One which could almost have no drain on the battery, even if used for many days?

This is particularly important since the bootup time of my PB IQ 701 is a ridiculously long 60 seconds or so.

So do you guys always switch the PB IQ 701 off when you are not going to use it for, say 20mins?! Or is there a way to engage a *REAL* hibernation mode?

Thanks,

Farhad
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote