View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 AM   #207
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Talking bad week ended well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I've run into that problem myself, for some books it takes me three or four tries before it will work. Sometimes I have to go back into the kindle, open the book and then rerun the fetch annotations. I do not know why this is but luckily it is not alot of books that this happens to.
Hi nynaevelan
As mentioned above I had a very bad week. Calibre and my K3 got totally out of sync. Calibre lost track of books on K3, what was in library etc.
Think my metadata.calibre file on K3 got corrupted after a Calibre crash, the only one I ever had. But the problem could have started a lot earlier.
Any ways, after a lot of testing resending books etc, I decided to do a factory reset ( loose all ) after lots of backups.
Sent all books from calibre to K3, used the Calibre Collection plugin ( Thanks to meme ) and this morning copied my backed up mbp files to the correct directories. This works fine, except for a few books whose filename was changed with different series numbering. Rename the mbp didn't work, but it try to change on with an HEX editor just to see if that could do it.
This post just to follow up on your discussion of missing mbp read status updates.
Have a nice weekend,

Edit: FYI: modifying the mbp file didn't work for me.

Last edited by pchrist7; 02-19-2011 at 05:19 AM.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote