View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Chapter markers: why oh why do so many books not have them?

Buy a book from amazon and download to kindle. No chapter markers. Run that same book through Calibre (convert to mobi), load onto kindle and voila, chapter markers.

why? why do I have to run through the conversion process with calibre to get chapter markers? The required info is obviously in the file to begin with.

This was never a big concern to me. But now that 3.1 has page numbers, I'd rather not run it through calibre as the page numbers get lost.

So basically, I have to make a decision between chapter markers or page numbers. bah.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote