View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
ould
Connoisseur
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
This post in this very thread also covers how to restore BN recovery, but I will put it in the first post so it is easier to find now that some methods of rooting result in CWM bootloops.

Question: when you followed the initial CWM instructions, did you do step 4 in the install (do a fresh reboot before rebooting into recovery)? Some people say that skipping this step results in bootloops, I'm wondering if that is the case or not.
Yes I did the full reboot in step 4 before I did anything else. From what I gathered on XDA it is something to do with the 1.1 root which is how I rooted. Not sure really but I will probably just use the Monster Root pack on an SD card for future backups/restores. I have a spare SD card I can use.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote