Thread: indent control
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
thanks - don't bother testing the override "feature" as i blieve the posted explanation of cascading stylesheets rules covers it OK

new question. I'm stumpted on how to apply the indent & line spacing prefs in bulk.

i thought a 2 stage solution would work so I've backed up my library & then have converted all epub to epub with remove blank lines + set indent to 1em set in prefs.

I reckoned that would be a good 1st step & it has worked as expected.

for step 2, I was then hopeful that another epub to epub pass, this time with blank lines unchecked and with a short version of your prefs in my extra css
p {margin-top: 0.3em ; margin-bottom: 0.3em}
would do the trick, but it has not had any effect.

so i must be doing something wrong here, if it worked for you -?

maybe my step 1 ( remove line spaces) has stuffed the stylsheets with explicit zeros ? is that how "remove blank lines" works ?.

I think that is what has happened, so now it's like with the text-indent issue. the extra css will not override the stylesheet specifics, even with the !important tag

Last edited by cybmole; 02-18-2011 at 02:56 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote