View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaulm View Post
Jackie_w, sorry, how do I feed html to Calibre? Should I put it in a zip file first? I was using Sigil to chop the book up into chapters - do I not need to do that?
Thanks...
Just drag the HTML file onto the Calibre Library window. It will automatically zip up the HTML file with any associated images and css as part of the import process.

Chapter detection is a subject with a lot of opinion and different ways of doing things. It is done as part of the Calibre conversion process (Convert - Structure Detection and - TOC and can be configured to suit your HTML). How well or easily it does it depends on your source HTML.

For example, if all your chapters are nicely tagged with heading tags (<h1>, <h2>, ... etc) in the source HTML then Calibre will create a flawless TOC with very little effort (I believe this is what Sigil does).

At the other end of the scale if your HTML tagging of chapters is all over the place or non-existent, all is still not lost. Convert - Heuristic Processing, if you enable it, has many tricks for trying to 'figure out' where new chapters start. Personnally I go for correct tagging in the source HTML, but many others find the Heuristic Processing easier because they don't know how to edit HTML themselves.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote