View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #73
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Sigh. I'm late to the game as always. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with the forum.

I'll throw in "The Horns of Ruin" by Tim Akers, more steampunk noir fantasy than straight S/S fantasy, but it's still damn good.

Also another "fantasy/historical" that doesn't seem to get much credit is Stephen Lawhead's retelling of the Robin Hood myth, I'd put him in the same boat as Guy Gavriel Kay.

Also, the Psalms of Isaac by Ken Scholes, even though the poor guy doesn't even seem to be selling to his mother at this point

Joe Abercrombie's gritty, messed up world, is always an excellent read. If you still read paper and like the whole D&D thing, check out a couple Dark Sun novels, they just reissued one of the best selling sets, and I hear KJA is even doing a Dark Sun story now. Runelords by Farland is another epic worthy of praise.

If you like indie authors, I'd check anything by Dan Arenson or Dave Dalglish, for dark fantasy I'd go with The Second Coming by David Burton, for Sword/Sorcery, you can't go wrong with Kinshield Legacy by KC May, and for those of you who like a whole lot of classic mythology, I'd check out my friend Moses' novella, Black God's War, last I spoke with him, the whole book would be done by May.

Think I'll go back to writing now. Good luck with your choices!
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote