This plugin is now deprecated and will no longer be supported. Instead all of its functionality has been incorporated into the Reading List plugin, which does everything this plugin does plus a number of other features.
This plugin allows you to add books to a special list in Calibre which is automatically sent to your ereader device the next time it is connected. This is a very convenient way to flag books for your device as you add/process/search for them in your workflow, without requiring your device connected at the time.
As soon as your device is next plugged in, the list of books can be automatically copied to your device the same as if you had selected them and chosen "Send to Device". Alternatively you can turn off the automatic syncing and instead manually sync your list of books when it is convenient to you.
Main Features of v1.3.7:
- Supports multiple device independent lists
- Automatically sync to devices, folders or iTunes
- Add/remove books to the sync list using a right-click menu and/or toolbar button
- View the contents of the sync list in the library view
- Optionally force a sync to the device of your list if adding while it is connected
- Optionally force Kindle Collections to be recreated after a sync (Kindle owners only, requires the Kindle Collections plugin)
- Configure device names, which devices to have sync lists for, and whether books should automatically be synced to the device when it is connected
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts for add/view actions
- Requires Calibre 0.8.2 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu or toolbar as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Ensure a device you would like to sync to is connected.
- Select Customize plugin from the plugin menu (or via Preferences -> Plugins). Click the Add connected device button.
- If you want to rename the device you should do so now. If it has multiple card locations, uncheck any you do not want to create a sync list for.
- Close the configuration dialog. You should now see menu items appear allowing you to add to the list.
- If you have multiple devices, disconnect your first device, plug the second in and repeat the steps above to add it to your Book Sync known device list via the configuration dialog.
- To automatically recreate Kindle Collections after a sync to your Kindle, follow the following steps:
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!