Thread: indent control
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
use extra css:
p {text-indent:whatever;}
does not seem to always work, or something else is overriding.
some books are fine - but the case below is not:

I add
p { text-indent: 1em}
to extra css
run epub to mobi ( on a book with no indents)
view mobi in calibre viewer - still no indents

the book in question has code such as
<p class="calibre2">We did....
nothing complex

there is however an explicit text-indent 0 in the calibre 2 style for that book - but I though the whole idea of extra CSS was that it overrides what is in stylesheet...

I reckon ( albeit based on a sample of 1) that the extra CSS override is fine EXCEPT where I have previously forced a zero indent by editing the specific calibre style used for p tags, in the book's epub stylesheet.css.

I can test by removing that 1 line from the css stylesheet.... yep the extra css override works now.

so have a found a feature, or a bug, here ?

I'll try a related test. put the explicit text-indent: 0 back into my epub, convert to mobi but with remove blank lines ticked & indent set to 1 in conversion options...

well that does exactly what it says on the tin. so the issue is only with extra CSS

Last edited by cybmole; 02-16-2011 at 05:56 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote