View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
dwig
Guru
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Dell Venue 8 Pro - Retired:Kindle 3, Clie UX50, T415, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Forgot about that - I believe this should preserve italics/etc, so this might be easiest.
I think you'll find that you'll still loss the formatting, though I do agree that Sigil will prove preferable to Word.

My current pet method for moving Web pages to MOBI format is to save the source while in my browser and edit that before converting with Calibre.

My workflow involves using Opera browser with Notepad++ set as my app for viewing the Source. I simply rightclick on a page and select Source from the menu. The source HTML appears in Notepad++ and I then:
  1. save it as HTML; Notepad++ will then color code the tags.
  2. make the basic edits and resave
  3. then import into Calibre.
  4. (sometimes) convert to ePub and do further edits in Sigil
  5. convert to MOBI

However you approach saving the original HTML source, doing so will preserve the formatting (bold, italic, ...).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote