I got it to work by doing the following (it is a twisted trail...):
- I configured Calibre to use my GMail account for email as a mail server
- Under "Sharing books by email" in Calibre, I added my GMail Email with "auto send" turned on
- All news in Calibre is scheduled for automatic download
- I create a new free private Google group called Franks_Kindle
and configured my Kindle to allow emails from the new Group (via amazon.com, "Your Kindle Approved E-mail List").
- I create a new free private Google group called Marys_Kindle
and configured my wife's Kindle to allow emails from the new Group.
- I added a new forwarding address on my GMail account that goes to both groups. Google sent the confirmation code to the groups and I was able to validate the forwarding addresses in GMail. (If only I could do this via my kindle's email address...)
I then created a series of filters in GMail to automatically forward Calibre News emails to the proper groups. If both of us are interested in a news feed, it goes to both groups. If only one of us is interested in a news feed, it goes to only that person's Google group.
As an example:
- from email@example.com
- Do this: Forward to Franks_Kindle
, Delete it
Does this make sense?