View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
captain_amazing
captain_amazing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Kindle For PC GUI Freezing for Win 7 64bit

Hi,

Any help on this would be awesome - I'm hoping this is the correct forum for it.

I would really like to be able to run Kindle For PC on my laptop. However, after installing every available version (from the newest to the beta version) I cannot get it to work correctly. Here is the problem:

After installing, the program launches its start-up box. After finishing its start-up, the program shows itself on my Task Bar, but does not start its interface (basically, it stays minimized). Toggling the program in the Task Bar does nothing, no matter if I to try and bring it up, maximize it, or close it, it remains unresponsive.

So, I brought up the Task Manager, and forced the program to maximize from their, which worked. But when I go to the program, it is completely unresponsive (basically, it is frozen, but Windows does not recognize it as being frozen).

I googled the problem (for several hours), and non of the issues I found seemed related to my problem. I will be very responsive to anyone that reaches out to me, because would really like to get this program working correctly.

Here is my specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
6.1.7600 Build 7600
Hewlett-Packard
HP Pavilion dv3 Notebook PC
x64-based PC
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.13, 11/23/2009

I am also running Norton 360 (it was free, so don't judge! ).

I will provide any more information upon request - Thanks!!!!
captain_amazing is offline   Reply With Quote