View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I can top that one (unfortunately). I wish one of my more clueless relatives had taken their computer to BB, instead of to "some guy" ... they've got an unholy (though admittedly virus-free) mess now, and I have no clue why a bunch of their files ended up in a directory named "jerry". And they won't tell me how much they spent for this, which implies that it was quite a lot.

As for the USB drive issue: viruses have to be executed. Back in the days of floppies, they could lurk in the floppy's boot block and self-execute when the floppy was automatically read when it was inserted into the computer. USB drives are somewhat better behaved (and you should have auto-execute turned off for any removable media, just on general principles). But get yourself a copy of AVG (since you've done something that attracts viruses in the first place, buying one of the fancier versions of AVG would not be a bad idea), run it, and keep it updated.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote