View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Actually, doing the checks in show_configuration doesn't work well. Its fine from the Customization menu item I created, but not when customization is done from the Preferences menu. I can add code in both places, but I think I'll just do all the checking in config_widget.

So one way is to do my checks in config_widget, and return a QLabel if there's an error. But the dialog box is large (saved from whatever size was last used) and doesn't look right with a small error messages. And it says OK or Cancel when in fact you just want the user to click OK since two options on an error message is confusing.

I actually use my own routines to show up error/warning/info dialogs depending on the issue so I don't need do_user_config to show a window, but I can work with it if there's a way to get it to resize and just show an OK button.

Some options, as mentioned above could be:
1. Run a pre-check method if defined. If false, don't show the window or do anything (assumes plugin handles user warnings, etc.)
2. In do_user_config, if config_widget is defined but returns None, don't show the window or do anything
3. If config_widget returns a simple QLabel, just show the label in a correctly sized window/dialog and a single OK button on the window - and exit after OK is clicked without validation or saving.

In the meantime I think I'll just live with the large text box since its only supposed to appear if you've done something wrong.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote