View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My very favorite childhood book, Black Beauty, is on the free blog.

My mom used it to trick me into learning to read. It had this beautiful black horse running through golden leaves on the cover. I kept it on the table beside my bed so that i could look at it every night when I was going to sleep. I wanted to read that book so badly that I learned how to read. I gave up precious daylight play time to work on reading, sitting on my Granny's screen porch and sounding out words.

When I was 8 yrs old, I got to ride the black horse at my cousin's farm. It kicked me in the leg, but I barely noticed in all of the excitement. And i learned from that Black Beauty to never walk up behind a horse.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote