Originally Posted by Grimm
Why bother with a Kindle if you already have epubs in huge quantities?
- stripping DRM is relatively simple with the right tool;
- Calibre makes converting epub to mobi fairly painless;
- Amazon has a huge online bookstore;
- Amazon has wonderful customer service;
- Amazon has the greatest likelihood coming out on top and staying there in the ebook reader business, as evidenced in part by the fact that BN is discontinuing the Nook 3G;
- current gen Sony PRS is more expensive than K3;
- K3 has the option of free 3G which, more than buying/dl'ing books can even access websites (such as this one);
and more reasons, but I think I made my point thus far.