View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 04:05 AM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A727 tablet, Fujitsu Lifebook p2110 w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps "nearly everybody" is stretching the truth a little, but certainly a "significant minority" of people have a mobile phone or PDA that can run MobiPocket Reader. Whether or not reading on a phone screen is a satisfactory experience is more open to question, but nonetheless I think many people would be surprised to learn that they already own a device which can be used as a bookreader.
Well, certainly the majority running Symbian based phones can (and Symbian is 75% of the phone market).

I'd call the keyword "multi-function". I'm not interested in a dedicated reader because I need a device that does other things as well. (I also need something eInk currently lacks -- color.) So I use a PDA. The screen size could be larger, but I can read ebooks, play video and music, view pictures, handle my calendar and address book, do word processing and spreadsheets, view PDFs, have a pocket reference library, and oh, yes, play games.

There's a limit to how far I'll take convergence: my cell phone is and will remain a separate device, But other than that, one size more or less fits all.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote