View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #64
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'd say 8 of 10 times I feel the same way. Some series I'm okay seeing come to an end, but others I'd love to follow as long as possible.
That used to be me. Now I'm often very glad when writers have the good sense to stop.

I'm sure there are other examples out there, but this one is near and dear to my heart. I loved the DragonLance books as a kid. Hickman and Weis wrote two very good trilogies. Then, for some perverse reason, they went back and added a final book to end the series up. And they just nuked the world they were in, killed off most of the characters, horribly mutilated the characters of the others, and more or less took their original plot, warmed it back up again, and gave it to us one more time.

Until I read that book I had never found myself thinking, 'Gosh, I'm glad that author had the good sense not to go any further.' These days, if the end of the series has wrapped up all the major plots, most of the minor ones, and the characters seem to be where they need to be, I'm happy with letting the fan fic writers take the characters beyond the sunset.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote