View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #86
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I lean towards Charles on this, provided we're looking at match sets, and not books. I'd rather see the exact results.... (IMHO) you can't collapse items as effectively as in the second.
To be clear, I'll expand on the problems of collapsing sets. Say you have found a match set of (1,2,3,4,5). If I'm collapsing sets and reviewing set by set, I have to add to this set all sets that have any of those 5 books in it. There might be 20 books that matched 5, even though there's no chance that any of those 20 books matched 1-4. You'd have 80 useless decisions to make - Do any of them match book 1 - 20 decisions. Do any match Book 2 - 20 more decisions, etc.

However, for book by book review, when reviewing Book 1, you only add in books that have been found to match Book 1. Every decision you make is a decision about a match that was actually found by the match function. You only collapse match sets that include Book1 and only review Book 1 before moving on to Book 2. Of course, while reviewing Book 1, you are very likely to merge books (1, 3, 4) and when you do that, you automatically remove the need to ever review Books 3 and 4. They are removed from all match sets.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote