View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Lit conversion w/<pre> tags

When I go to convert a lit file to a epub that has the text in <pre> tags I end up with an extra space between the paragraphs.

My pertinent conversion settings under Look & Feel are:

Remove spacing between paragraphs w/indent 1.1em
and
Insert blank lines

Lit file code
Code:
<body>     
<pre>This book is for my wife, Danielle, with all my love for ever

It had never been exposed to the light of day, not once in the 200 million years since it assumed its present form, and yet it seemed in itself to be a distilled drop of dirtied sunlight.

It had been conceived in heat as vast as that of the sun's surface, in those unholy depths below the earth's crust, in the molten magma that welled up from the earth's very core.
</pre>
</body>
Epub file code
Code:
<body class="calibre">  <p class="calibre7">This book is for my wife, Danielle, with all my love for ever</p>
    <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
    <p class="calibre7">It had never been exposed to the light of day, not once in the 200 million years since it assumed its present form, and yet it seemed in itself to be a distilled drop of dirtied sunlight.</p>
    <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
    <p class="calibre7">it had been conceived in heat as vast as that of the sun’s surface, in those unholy depths below the earth’s crust, in the molten magma that welled up from the earth’s very core.</p>
</body>
The CSS is

.calibre7 { border-bottom: 0;
border-top: 0;
display: block;
margin-bottom: 0.5em;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0.5em;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-indent: 1.1em
}

Showing the indent and the added top and bottom margin for the insert blank line.

At some point in the past I don't believe the NBSP paragraphs were inserted. Is there a way to prevent these from being inserted? I tried heuristics - Delete blank lines between paragraphs without success.

I have no problem editing these blank paragraphs out using Sigil. I'm hoping a calibre solution can be implemented.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-10-2011 at 01:21 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote