View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #56
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
The really proper way would be:

- For the NCX file, look into the OPF file, and search the spine:

Code:
<spine toc="ncx">
here, "ncx" is the id of the NCX file. Now you have to search the manifest for the "ncx" id:

Code:
<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
and there you have the NCX file.
Well it looks like it is not the only way. I have just discovered a book that does not behave like that. Took a free retail book and found out that it did not have any id in the spine element at all. The TOC failed to open in calibre viewer, but did open correctly in Adobe Digital Edition. So I am thinking that Adobe does not even look at the spine for the TOC reference, but calibre does.

I will do a quick update to force the program to look deeper if this situation arise.

Update : v1.3.4 Fixes this.

- Found a situation where the Spine did not have a reference to the TOC (on retail books), So the App will look deeper if this situation arise.
- If the above situation arises opening the Reading Order Editor and Saving will force the reference into the spine. (a message box will open warning you about it)

Last edited by Nigol; 02-09-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote