View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad View Post
Hello everyone ,
I have a question about the difference between "Regular" (web page) Css and Css used in ePubs.What will actually validate (I use Flightcrew) and what wont and why.Is there some publication or a website that spells it out in a non-technical way that a beginner can understand ? I have consulted the ePub specs but they seem vague to me. I`ve tried applying what little Css I`ve learned about web pages to ePubs with limited success. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated. Thank you.
There's not only the problem of what CSS is valid in an eub, there's also the problem of what CSS is supported by the various ePub implementations.

For the standard, the authoritative source is

http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops/OPS_2.0...tml#Section3.3

although you really need to read the other parts of the document too, not just section 3.3.

For individual implementations, I don't think there really is any documentation collected anywhere.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote