View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Excellent discussion of DRM and how it works but I need to go to a lower level then that discussion. I need to understand the schemes that they use to restrict the electronic book. To say that B&N bought fictionwise to get control of the ereader format is at too general a level I need to understand how DRM technology acomplishes what it does.

For example what I think I know about DRM, and this illustrates the level of of knowledge that I am attempting to obtain, is DRM makes use of an older technology more frequently called PKI or Public Key Encrpyion where the whole file is encrypted and a password is applied to the file. In order to read a PKI file one will need a key, called the private key, to know how to decrypt the file. Sometimes the key is in the form of a password that will unlock the content in the file. DRM removal works by recovering the password from the file via means that I do not understand as yet and using that to decrypt the file.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote