Thread: PRS-650 Is this screen damaged?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Errr... take any piece of glass, put very localised pressure on it and it breaks... the only answer is don't do it!!! It doesn't make the screens particularly fragile, my 505 has happily survived travelling with me every day in the inside pocket of a jacket but it's in a case (Sony) which has a solid cover over the glass and its frame, it's 4 odd years old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Ereader screens are not hard to break. My husband had his in his briefcase in a cover, and he had also put a wine bottle in the briefcase to bring home on the train. The pressure of the bottle against the screen cracked it quite nicely.

It was a Kindle 1, and happened perhaps two years ago. I took it apart to see how it was made, and it appears to me that almost any pinpoint pressure will be enough to cause a crack.
elcreative is online now   Reply With Quote