Thread: PRS-650 Is this screen damaged?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glarus View Post
After reading around the forum and other sites I am left the impression that eInk screens are an extremely fragile piece of technology. I am still clueless about the cause of the damage, i.e. the force that caused the screen to crack. However, judging by the number of people in similar situation it seems that this type of accidental damage is quite...common. Another question is whether the eInk device manufacturers take the necessary steps to precaution their customers about the "unique" durability profile of their products (at least throw in a case for five sake!).
They're really not that fragile; I've owned innumerable eInk devices and had no problem. The key is to ALWAYS keep keep the device is a good cover.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote