View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Zealot
spedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipediaspedinfargo knows more than wikipedia

Device: none
Can get_browser (login, password) be used to get the RSS XML?

So I just found an RSS feed that I would like to use and of course it maxes out at 10 articles. I just discovered that the API for Google Reader will let you go back further than that and create an "historical" feed as long as someone was subscribed to it. For example:

http://www.google.com/reader/atom/fe...=rss?r=n&n=100

Which will get you the last 100 articles from Esquire. Changing the n= value will get you even more if you want.

So of course the problem is that you have to be authenticated to Google Reader in order to get at that historical feed.

I know that you can use get_browser to authenticate you for purposes of getting the actual articles (New York Times example). Will (can?) that same method be used by the recipe to get the RSS feed as well?
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote