View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #28
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
I'm really amazed that folks are saying they have drifted away from using a perfectly good PP or other Astak ereader merely because Astak seems to have (at least temporarily) disappeared from the face of the ereader world.

Be that as it may, since I'm not intending to be critical of anyone else's life choices, but I will keep using my PPro until it dies (again). Out of the choices available today, I would choose a nook, or perhaps even a NookColor -- depending on my mood. However the longer battery-life would still be a factor and it would most likely be the nook.

Had I cracked the screen on my PPro just a month later last year, I would have been in the middle of the Astak disappearing act and the nook is what I would have gotten to replace it. Almost did anyway. If it hadn't been for Jenifer's stepping up to the plate and getting me a replacement -- for $89 "broken screen" fee -- I'd own a nook now.

Even then, if I had realized Astak was in the midst of a Cheshire Cat act, I wouldn't have paid the money to replace it.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote