View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
I didn't have much time to spend on this, but I'm more or less stuck now, the problem is to understand the structure of a MSD (BBeB dictionary) file. If it's anything like a LRF file, it should be something like a header and then compressed XML data if I understood correctly. Now it seems to me difficult to go further without knowing what's in the header first, like a "XOR key" if such thing was used, or the size of the compressed XML. I think the first progresses in understanding LRF structure was done by reverse engineering, creating basic LRF files and analyzing the output. I don't know of any software to create BBeB dictionary files though. I even tried to decompile FskBBeBDictionary.so, but IDA / Hex-Rays which could eventually give me some comprehensible C code costs way too much, the free version gives me only ASM code, and that's beyond my knowledge. So basically if anyone has any idea to go further...I heard there was a "Sony BBeB dictionary Viewer for Windows" software available at some point, but I can't find it, and I'm note sure it would be of any use anyway.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote