View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
spensar
spensar began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
That sounds pretty heavy power usage to have that short battery life. I thought it was shorter than what I am experiencing, so I turned mine on at 1 pm this afternoon and have left it on since, and 9 hours later it is still going strong. The battery life indicator has three bars, and is down 1 right now. If reading I would have been flipping pages, but I don't think that's a big juice user.

My guess is that the big difference must be from the brightness settings, I am using 10% and GrandmaVS is set at 50%. The Libre Color does give you nice control over that, and font color/background choices. For reading, I set it up to be as close as possible to my Libre Pro and have no problem reading in the dark, even at 10%. It's a personal choice, but it's good to know if won't be near a power source for a while there is an option to extend the battery life.

Edit to update. The Libre Color was on for 11 hours when I went to bed. It was dead when I woke up in the morning, so the battery, with 10% brightness lasted somewhere between 11 and 18 hours.

Last edited by spensar; 01-31-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Update
spensar is offline   Reply With Quote