View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I had a look at the goodreads api a while back and like most web 2.0 vintage APIs it is designed for use only from other websites, and low traffic ones at that. One request per second is unworkable, even routing through a central server, calibre has too many users. I'm not criticizing GoodReads for that, they have their business model, it's just not usable from calibre.

And no, there is no OAuth code in calibre, I've never been able to make heads or tails of OAuth, something about OAuth and my brain just don't get along.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote