Thread: Troubleshooting Highlighting causing crashes
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Highlighting causing crashes

I seem to find that my Kindle crashes regularly when I highlight. However, not in all conditions.

When I have a large number of books in my Kindle (eg. 150 or more) and I have highlighting already in a couple of books, I find that my Kindle starts crashing regularly when I highlight.

I got onto Amazon support and did the factory reset. Then I start uploading books from my backup a few at a time until eventually I got to a stage where I started crashing again. I found that if I removed highlighting from previous books, my highlighting in the current book didn't crash as much. However, there were still crashes.

When I keep a smaller number of books in the Kindle (eg. under 10), my highlighting is perfect and never causes me a problem.

Has anyone found this kind of behaviour? I don't really need my entire collection on Kindle, but that's the way I was planning to work.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote