View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
NorthernPines
NorthernPines began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well thanks for the replies. I'm still at a loss for what to do. Most of pdf books are single page version (not scanned or columns etc) but if it doesn't do pdf's well, AND it doesn't do epub, good grief what's left? To re-buy all these books on Amazon? I dunno, even if they're only .99 cents a piece, I don't like being locked into Amazon for EVERYTHING. I don't mind it for their books, which they do have the biggest selection of books that I'd buy... but, well I dunno, The more I think about the Nook's layout and it's bulkiness the more I realize I don't really care for it, and ain't paying $200 for a sony reader, that's just too much $$$. I can buy $200 in used books that would last me years. I'm beginning to wonder if the technology just isn't there yet for the typical book lover who isn't enthralled with the latest gadgets. What one device does, another doesn't, etc. Thanks for the replies though, I do appreciate it. And sorry for the bad title, I tried to edit it but realized my typo was forever a part of cyberspace.
NorthernPines is offline   Reply With Quote