View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #74
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1 & BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I do have Kindle for iPhone so I may do that. I adored Duane's _So You Want to be a Wizard_ books.
Oops, just checked and Amazon only does a 5% sample for the omnibus instead of the usual 10%.

But Duane's Star Trek books aren't too far off from her Wizard books in flavour (interaction with interesting aliens and learning they're not so "other", a bit of tech-talky people-should-be-careful-how-they-affect-the-universe-which-is-watching-them explanation that sounds really nice in a metaphysical sort of way, initially antagonistic parties working together to solve a problem for the common good which overrides any petty arguments they had to start with while still taking the occasional snipe at each other, etc.) and I think that they're mostly of as high a quality as her original work.

Except for Intellivore, which is the dud of the lot. And The Empty Chair, which is for the morbidly curious who want to find out how the initially promising story started in an earlier volume ends (in a parallel universe, apparently).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote