View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #175
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
I would like to create a plugboard that:

- Uses only the author's surname.

- Abbreviates certain series titles (ie. Lord of the Rings = LOTR)

- If the title of a book begins with "The," it is omitted (ie. The Hunger Games = Hunger Games)

how do I do that (any of it)?

edit: also, is there a possible way to return the series_index for books to correlate with the current highest value in Calibre held by the the index for that series? (ie. where Harry Potter only has 7 books, series_index is one digit, while Star Trek: New Frontier has 17 series books so its index has 2 digits) ... I suppose this would maybe be contingent on whether I had a book in a series that required multiple digits before it would change the number of leading zeroes for the other books.

This is to say, that I would like to insert the series index into my titles via a plugboard, but I want to conserve as much screen real estate as possible for the actual title, so if I didn't need leading zeroes, it wouldn't insert them.

Last edited by chyron8472; 01-28-2011 at 11:16 AM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote