This plugin provides a way to quickly switch between certain preferences values without going into the preferences dialog. Specifically it currently caters for preferences related to adding books but could be added to in future if needed.
Many users like myself prefer to rename files to a single standard format before importing into Calibre. However this plugin gives you the option to quickly "switch on the fly" your settings without the drudgery of the Preferences dialog (and saving your regular expressions in Notepad!).
By default I have included two regex patterns - the default Calibre one, and a second for handling titles in "author [- optional series #] - title" format.
Main Features of v1.4.0:
- Add to your toolbar a quick selection dropdown button rather than navigating through the Calibre Preferences dialog.
- Store as many regular expressions file patterns as you wish
- Optionally specify a pairing of the swap author name setting with your regular expression
- Toggle the checked status of the three other options related to adding books that exist in the preferences dialog currently
- Switch your automerge type
- Customise which menu options are included on the dropdown
- Customise keyboard shortcuts
- Keeps in sync with changes made via the Preferences dialog
- Requires Calibre 0.8.18 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to toolbar as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Customise the regular expressions and menu options.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!