This plugin provides toolbar and keyboard shortcuts to moving forward and backward through your Calibre search history.
The intention is to offer a similar experience to a web browser of allowing you to "surf" back and forth between your search results. My primary usage is when I get "sidetracked" and want to run a query on another book/series/author and then most quickly return to the previous search results. Also upon restarting Calibre you can quickly restore your last search by hitting Alt+Left.
Main Features of v1.3.1:
- Alt+Left Arrow to move back one search in your history
- Alt+Right Arrow to move forward one search in your history
- Search history maintained independently of that displayed in the combo dropdown
- Additional history list displayed in toolbar dropdown menu
- Ability to clear the search history
- Shortcuts and other preferences customisable in a configuration dialog
- Requires Calibre 0.8.18 or later
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you wish to customise the keyboard shortcuts from their default, you can do so within the preferences dialog in the same screen you add the plugin. Expand the "User Interface Action plugins" section and select the "Walk Search History" plugin on this list. Click the "Customise plugin" button and type the text for your alternate shortcut key combinations.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!