View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm not Roman, but I'm interested in this and have some of the same concerns he posted.
Thanks for all the comments. I did ask Experience with using collections and heavy use of other scripts is one thing I'm missing - so I need the real world feedback.

Quote:
I see your point, but having the access time reset option does make it easier to make sure all your expected collections are there.
Yep, got it.

Quote:
You can add a +1 to the demand for this. Honestly, the plugin isn't much use to me unless I can tweak the minimum number for a collection to be created.
OK, I'm starting to lean that way. I saw it in the old code, but when I starting writing the plugin I wanted to start simple first. I'll need to see how to incorporate this without making updating the preferences even more confusing.
Quote:
an option to run it in update instead of rebuild mode. I really don't want to have to stick my random non-modified Amazon files back in collections any more often than I have to.
Updating instead of rebuild a big change - a lot of effort to read the Amazon file and merge the two. I like the clean slate each time and it'll take a lot to make me want to do this. What do you mean by "non-modified Amazon files" falling out of collections?

Quote:
Does it produce a job log?
Run it in debug mode as described above - the debug file is displayed after you exist Calibre and it tells you where it stored the log.

Quote:
One more thing - in your first post (I think) you stated that you could replace the collection prefix character ("~", etc) with any text. This has not been my experience. For example, "> " will show up as gibberish on the Kindle, or at least it did when I've tried it in the past. I have no idea what other characters produce similar results. If I get ambitious this weekend maybe I'll test a bunch of characters and see what else works or doesn't.
Good point - will need to test as well, and update "any" to something else.