View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
emt
Readasaurus
emt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud of

Device: Nook HD+, Ipad Mini, Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I am posting to let you know that I have written (with the help of one of the Calibre developers) a small Calibre GUI plugin which aims to make it quick and easy to send one of your Calibre book covers to your Sony reader to use as a Standby screen image when the Sony is in sleep mode.

In theory it should work for Sony PRS-350/650/950 models on Windows, Linux or OSX.

It will allow you to customise the plugin to specify whether you want to:
  • rescale the cover image to exactly fill the screen e.g. 600x800 on a PRS-350/650, 600x1024 on PRS-950
  • retain the aspect ratio of the original cover

The reason it's 'experimental' is because
  • this is my first attempt at such a thing and I am somewhat nervous (please be kind!)
  • I only have a PRS-650 and only use Windows XP, so this is the only set-up I've been able to test.

I'm looking for volunteers who would be willing to try it out, particularly those with reader/Op.sys combinations I haven't been able to test, but other PRS650/WinXP users are also welcome.

If you are interested in participating, please post here and let me know. If there is sufficient interest I will post the Calibre GUI plugin here with step-by-step instructions on how to install/customise it. A basic familiarity with Calibre is assumed but no technical knowledge is required.
I can test - I have a PRS-350. I'm also running Vista 64-bit so it should be a good test. I assume that the files are Jpeg's?

Last edited by emt; 01-26-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: New Facts
emt is offline   Reply With Quote