View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Might I ask, exactly how is a "soft scene break" done in the pml? Is there a specific tag for it? Is it simply double-linebreaks? I have never seen a pdb book with such a beastie?
Multiple line breaks between paragraphs. I had not seen one (eReader) or otherwise that uses them until very recently. It seems to be a growing typesetting trend with some publishers.

I purchased Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson today from B&N. Turns out they're selling it as an eReader file and it's littered with soft scene breaks.

I've gone ahead and made changes to calibre's PML input to account for them. Basically if there is 3+ empty lines it puts an empty paragraph in the resultant HTML. I plan to do more work on it with ldolse in the near future to make it more robust. In the mean time the next calibre release will at least keep these books readable.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote