View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #165
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I think I might be misunderstanding something, the values are changing but the status is not, for instance if a book now has 99% it is still showing as Reading and not as Read.
I have never ever seen a read % larger than 99% !
I think the Kindle writes the location of the "first character on the last page" to the mbp file. So even if last page only contains 5 characters, it'll always be 99%. ( The Kindle "cheats" with it's status display on the Kindle screen ).
Again we're dependent on the data from "Fetch Annotations" put into the Comments.
That's why we have to say that if Read% > 98 then the book is Read, even if it might not be. Then the books "Last opened date" will be displayed to indicate the book as read, and "when".
Did this help ?
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote