View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #15
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
snip

I don't know why people don't research library eBooks before buying a Kindle.
I think that's only reasonable from an informed perspective.

How do you get an informed perspective? You buy an EBR and then discover this is not like emusic. You can't just buy any ebook and read it on just any EBR. That's only common knowledge among the informed.

I mean if I can just walk in my library and walk out with any available book, I should be able to check out any ebook and read it on my brand new EBR, right? What's the difference? And aren't all library books available in eformat? What? They're not? And there's a waiting line too? !!!

I wonder how many people do like me and research almost everything before jumping in? How many people give up on EBRs and leave them gathering dust when they discover it's not quite what they thought it was going to be like when they bought it or received it as a gift?

I've also found that even after my research, it's sometimes hard to replace experience with just book learnin'.

It's kinda like the brand new co-pilot on his first trip with a veteran captain:

"Captain? How did you develop such good judgment?"

"Experience, son," the captain replied.

"Well how did you get that experience, sir?" the new co-pilot asked.

"Bad judgment," the captain replied.

speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote