View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
I have a 505 and a 950. I'm really happy with my 950 for this very reason, but I did have some success converting PDF books I really wanted to read.

It was a little work, but I would use calibre to convert the PDF to an RTF. Then I used Word to do some fancy search and replacing. I could usually get rid of the all the dropped paragraphs and sentences and easily get rid of any annoying headers and footers. Sometimes I still found some weird things like non-capitalized names etc. Usually I could take care of those as well.

Once my RTF file looked reasonably good I would convert it to LRF or EPUB.
ccowie is online now   Reply With Quote