View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I have about 1500 side-loaded books on my nook (classic). My library on my desktop is organized using calibre. I use a program called calibre2opds to move both the books themselves and also a catalog from my desktop to the microSD card in the nook. From there, I use a program called trook to access the catalog. This gives me great navigation through the library. View by author, by title, by series, by date added, etc. All with a multi-level hierarchy that is easy to understand (think card catalog or phone-book metaphor for each of the various views).

rooted nook classic + calibre + calibre2opds = reader's nirvana!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote