View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,838
Karma: 12535517
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
People like you want to remain noobs forever.
22 years in the US Navy's IT field and another 13 years as an IT manager at a major University means I have kids with more experience then you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
"Don't Look".. huh It will be better to keep your mouth shut.
There's a winning argument. Let me see if I can keep my mouth shut. Seems that it is easy to type out this message with my mouth shut, I hope that pleases you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
You need to understand me here, i registered on this forum just for this.
Congrats for all the work it took to get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
In today's world, consumer is the king.
Your Majesty glad you could stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
I have a 10gb collection of ebooks which keeps ever increasing so i dont want calibre to use another 10gb just in case i want to move to another software and want my original directory structure intact. Its illogical and inconvenient.
Having a backup is never illogical or inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
I am too a coder and probably think that the developer will have to do a rewrite of a major portion of code and algo's to do what i have asked.
You might just be right about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
But let me tell you, sooner or later more ebook managers will come in the software world and then people will choose them over calibre just because of this.
That's the way the world turns. If someone makes something better then people will buy it. Why do you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
I use as an alternative Alfa ebooks manager. I had to pay for it though but i had no choice.
There is always a choice, I think your time might be better spent going on the Alfa ebooks manager company forum and praising them for their product or asking that they bend their product to your needs.

But for Pete's sake stop creating a new account every couple of weeks just to rephrase your argument, we get it. At some point in the future calibre may or may not change, but I would stop losing sleep over it if I were you and move on already.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-24-2011 at 04:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline