View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
This is interesting:

Hmm... ideas anyone? Any new formats on the horizon? Any of their books not in ebook form yet? Anything you think should be added to the Library - not just what you'd want free, but something that would start people reading a certain series or author?
A lot of their older books aren't in ebook form yet, but in many cases, they might not be able to get the electronic rights. Also, the older books are in formats that are harder to convert, so that makes them harder to convert.

Often I look at Baen paperbacks on my shelves and think "Oh I forgot that was a Baen book!" For example, many of the fantasy books they published in the 1990s were different from the ones they publish today, and I'd love to see some of the OOP ones in ebook form. However, if the author doesn't want them doing an ebook edition, or if the author is dead and their estate doesn't want to negotiate (or asks for too much money), then readers are out of luck.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote