View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #32
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Benny Hill is not British humour. Only Americans find him funny; British people just cringe.
I'm glad you cleared that up, I cringe at Benny Hill and I'm Canadian.

For me the best thing about HHGTTG was that you always knew there was someone out there that missed something you got, or you missed something that someone else got. One of my favorite quotes from HHGTTG was whan Zaphod said: "Shee, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off."

Another Adams quote, or story he wrote.

"Every country is like a particular type of person. America is like a belligerent, adolescent boy, Canada is like an intelligent, 35 year old woman. Australia is like Jack Nicholson. It comes right up to you and laughs very hard in your face in a highly threatening and engaging manner. In fact it's not so much a country as such, more a sort of thin crust of semi-demented civilisation caked around the edge of a vast, raw wilderness, full of heat and dust and hopping things."

Douglas Adams

If you would like to read the rest of that quote go to: http://www.douglasadams.com/dna/980707-08-a.html
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote