View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1
I'm sure you'll enjoy them, even if you have to wait to read. It's a fun series with interesting interaction with aliens and missions that have to be accomplished by clever figuring-things-out rather than suitable applications of high explosive (though there's plenty of that, too).

One series that's available immediately in e-book is Vonda N. McIntyre's Starfarers Quartet, of which the first book is being offered as a promo freebie DRM-free in multiple formats, which you might want to pick up if you haven't already.

I haven't read this series, but McIntyre has a pretty decent reputation (won a couple of awards, also used to write Star Trek novels) and the few chapters I tried before I had to switch my attention to finishing my library books first seemed like a good start.

If you do decide it's something you want to pick up after trying the first book, please note that the Omnibus bundle is cheaper even than picking up just the last 3 books, and of course the money goes directly to the author.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote